Re: The demise of the Oracle professional?

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 20:58:59 +1000

In article <8ca3c5c7.0207190248.65a516d9_at_posting.google.com>, you said (and I quote):

> The biggest shame of it is that it sounds like I'll have to give up
> the IT career unless I'm very lucky or at least revert to cobbling
> together lumps of COBOL.

Akshally, in a recent survey Cobol programmers came up on top for remuneration in IT in Australia.

Mostly due to a big project of converting a failed insurance company's software from Oracle to Polisy in a mainframe.

Grossly over budget and over schedule, as these things go in mainframes. I'm sure it will make the IBM awards, or something.

Still, a good reprieve for Cobol people. Last year the only thing around for a while was contracts for them. Good to see it's still alive.

Maybe this would be an avenue for you?

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto