Re: Database Design nightmares...

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 20:42:26 +1000

In article <uwursw9sw.fsf_at_hotpop.com>, you said (and I quote):
> On Thu, 18 Jul 2002, nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam wrote:
>
> > - Failure to use the best features of each database for the sake of
> > dubious "portability".
>
> I love this one. How many times is a client going to dump the current
> database and move to another one, and why should this process be the
> main concern over getting the current product to perform satisfactorily?

Or worse:

There is a software maker here that has "standardised" on M$ software. Which means they only use SS2K features and nothing more. The particular piece of software they have to decided to "standa...thing" has NEVER been sold other than to Oracle sites.
Makes a lot of sense, doesn't it? Any wonder these people are struggling?

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto