Upgrade Breaks Auth=none?

From: DaveHowe <DaveHowe_at_bigfoot>
Date: 19 Jul 2002 10:00:42 GMT

Got a small problem; we are running an 8i server as the backend for a closed source package we bought in, that connects to it via odbc. Up to now, we were running on 8.1.5 sqlnet client, which initially would give us a ORA-01004 error, but the stock fix for this (setting SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES = (NONE) in SQLNET.ora) worked fine. A recent upgrade to a different system gave us a 8.1.7 server on the network, so naturally I tried to install systems accessing both servers with the 8.1.7 client. However, despite trying the (NONE) tweek, deleting the line entirely and other google-search-inspired fiddling with a test machine, I am still getting 01004's.
Is there a bug in 8.1.7, is the functionality now elsewhere, or am I missing something important? Received on Fri Jul 19 2002 - 05:00:42 CDT