Re: 11i and table partitioning

From: Telemachus <telemachus_at_ulysseswillreturn.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 09:48:34 +0100

One would not partition without direct and positive confirmation from Oracle support unless your support from Oracle is not important. The possible difference in execution and the different indexes that need to be created to simulate the same behaviour will probably invalidate the 11i schema.

Somebody else is bound to be running a bigger 11i installation and asked Oracle about this. They were probably told no too !

B: 81630 is desupported by Oracle on that platform.

Personally if it wasn't a production system I'd be interested in doing it as a lab experiment.