11i and table partitioning

From: Jayaraman Ashok <ashok_jayaraman_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 Jul 2002 01:09:05 -0700

Hi
The set up is Oracle 11i apps ver.11.5.5 and the database version is 8.1.6.3.0. The platform is RS/6000 Aix 4.3.3. The modules are GL,AP,AR,OE.I plan to partition a few tables. I have not been able to find proper documentation for the effects of partitioning in 11i environment. There are some threads that ask the same question but no concrete reply from Oracle except for one in which the version was 11.0 and Oracle's reply was not supported. A few of my colleagues are apprehensive about this as they feel that this may create problems with flexfield data. Can somebody guide me on this and also tell whether is it all right to partition tables in 11i.

Cheers,
Ashok Received on Fri Jul 19 2002 - 03:09:05 CDT