Re: Oracle Certification

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 14:14:56 +1000

Hi Steve,

Being certified to a particular level is regarded (albeit highly or lowly) the same, no matter how you get there. However, you need to know a lot more of the specific version's new features when you take the upgrade exam. It doesn't make sense but that's the way it goes.

In terms of making sense out of OCP, the words of Roger Waters of Pink Floyd fame comes to mind:

Can't you see
It all makes perfect sense
Expressed in dollars and cents
Pounds shillings and pence