Re: EXPLAIN PLAN : better with RULE!

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 13:56:21 +1000

Hi Alex,

Are you sure ???

I have never come across such issues. It's my understanding that the RBO has not been changed in any of the 8, 8i and 9i releases.

Could you post an example of a RBO ignoring the +0 conditions and still use an index or a valid unique index being ignored in favour of some other option.

It all sounds most bizarre to me.

Richard