Re: EXP: is this expected behaviour?

From: Paul Brewer <paul_at_paul.brewers.org.uk>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 20:31:35 +0100

"Chuck" <chuckh_at_softhome.net> wrote in message news:ah716n$qpeaf$1_at_ID-85580.news.dfncis.de...

> What about views that reference SYS views? After importing I also end up
> with views that fail to compile because they reference SYS views.

That's why exp/imp uses CREATE FORCE; so that you end up with an invalid view rather than no view at all.
All you have to do is grant the selects, and recompile the objects. Or you could pre-create the user, do the grants from SYS (as SYSDBA of course, given my somewhat trenchant views on O7_DICTIONARY_ACCESSIBILITY), then run your import.
Sorry if this sounds patronising; it isn't meant to be (honest), but either way I've never seen this as much of a problem.

Hope this helps,
Regards,
Paul Received on Thu Jul 18 2002 - 14:31:35 CDT