Re: Strange Oracle error: ORA-06502 (and Microsoft run-time error -2147467259(80004005))

From: N3Gro <leo.mendez_at_terra.cl>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 18:51:39 -0400

sometimes , sometimes don't , the last time that it happened to me was with a cursor .and detect the problem was very hard... a great website with all the descriptions of SQLLDR, ORA ,AND PLS erros is http://tahiti.oracle.com
bye

"Jesper Wolf Jespersen" <oz8ace_at_qsl.net.spam> escribió en el mensaje news:3d372857$0$16781$edfadb0f_at_dspool01.news.tele.dk... Have you checked that the numeric format used by the oracle session and that used by your Visual Basic engine match ?

ORA-06502 is very commonly seen when text values are entered for numbers and the client enters a ',' where the server expected a '.' or vice versa.

Greetings from Denmark
Jesper Wolf Jespersen