Performance

From: Stephan <test_at_test.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 20:00:57 GMT

Hi there,

a question regarding speed.

- winnt, Oracle 7.3.4
- Oracle Forms 6i
- 2 tablespaces each 100Mb : 1 for indexes (say 50), 1 for tables (say 50),
largest table contains 40.000 records
- all tables are created with this settings for tablespace: (all tables have same storage parameters):
create tablespace PREVENT_TAB
 datafile 'D:\oracle\oradata\prev\data01.dbf' size 100M  default storage (
   initial     250K
   next        250K

   maxextents UNLIMITED
   pctincrease 0
);

REM * Create tablespaces for indexes.
REM *
create tablespace PREVENT_IND
 datafile 'D:\oracle\oradata\prev\index01.dbf' size 100M  default storage (

   initial     250K
   next        250K

   maxextents UNLIMITED
   pctincrease 0
);

All (say 10) our customers have no complaints against speed, except for 1: When we import the exports coming from our customers on 1 machine (different instances, same parameters and tablespaces) in our office we conclude they all perform the same (as one would expect). The number of records the customers have inside the tables is almost the same, the structure is exactly the same, so it would be strange if there were big differences in speed.
But 1 of our customers has slow speed. And yes, when we import that database into an instance we also see poor performance! The main difference to the other databases: there is 1 table -containing 50.000 records- which has 0 records in all the other -fast- databases.

--->But the STRANGE thing: can this table delay the working of Forms even no data is retrieved from it on a form?

--> How can I find the bottleneck?

--> Other suggestions (for example concerning storage params)?

Thanks
Stephan Received on Thu Jul 18 2002 - 15:00:57 CDT