Oracle Certification

From: Steve <its_at_private.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 18:51:21 GMT

Hi, I am trying to get myself certified as OCP. But I am confused on how the exam system work. Right now for Administrator track, it has both 8i and 9i. Ideally, one should take whatever is the latest, which would be 9i, but how many companies actually upgraded to 9i? And 9i seems to be using a completely different system, which will required taking classes, does anyone know what average cost would be? And would it be worth it? On the other hand, it seems one can take 8i, then upgrade to 9i to skip the classes, but would it be recognized same as taking 9i directly?

As for the developer track, the forms developer 6i seems to be the only one not expiring, but how long it will stay there?

Any information is appreciated. Thank you. :) Received on Thu Jul 18 2002 - 13:51:21 CDT