9i OEM console extremely slow

From: Chuck <chuckh_at_softhome.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 10:19:54 -0400

My 9i OEM console used to work fine. Starting this week it takes anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes after launching the app before it presents the logon dialog. Same thing is happening at one of my colleagues workstations. It does not appear to be an OMS issue as once we finally get the login dialog we can sign on to the OMS as quickly as ever. There is no network drive involved. Both workstations have all of the components installed locally. Nothing new has been installed. In fact I was on vacation during the between when it worked normaly and when it became so slow.

Pinging the OMS from the client, comes back in milliseconds. Same thing from the OMS to the repository database. I am perplexed.

Both workstations and the OMS are win2k professional with 128mb of RAM.

Any ideas? Received on Thu Jul 18 2002 - 09:19:54 CDT