Re: Ora-600 on snapshot (mview)

From: Andrew Mobbs <andrewm_at_chiark.greenend.org.uk>
Date: 18 Jul 2002 14:37:28 +0100 (BST)

Yavor Ivanov <yavor_ivanov_at_stemo.bg> wrote:
>I'm in deep trouble. I have an ASAP task to populate an snapshot on 8
>sites. As always, I've created table, snapshot log and replication
>object on a master site. I've created the (updateable!) snapshot on
>snapshot sites. But with one of the sites the connection was lost
>during snapshot creation (with OEM 9i). Since then I'm not able to
>select, alter, drop, create, analyze or anything that snapshot. I'm
>not able to move it's table or rebuild it's Primary Key Index. The
>error I always get is "ORA-00600: internal error code, arguments:
>[ktsircinfo_num1], [0], [1],[255695], [], [], [], []".
>
> It is Oracle 9i R1/Windows 2000 server both master and snapshot
>sites.
>
> Please help me to drop the wrong object or normalize it. And it's
>urgent, of course.

ORA-600 means "call support", it's an internal error, and just shouldn't happen.

Having said that:
Bug 1957195 *might* be relevant, it's fixed in 9.0.1.3 and 9.2. If you're running an earlier patch level you could try upgrading, however I can't guarantee it will help. You should contact Oracle support anyway.

--
Andrew Mobbs - http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~andrewm/