Re: EXPLAIN PLAN : better with RULE!

From: Telemachus <telemachus_at_ulysseswillreturn.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 12:21:42 +0100

As far as I remember
won't it (invisibly) scale D_F_M_R_C back so that  D_F_M_R_C * blocksize < max allowed for the OS ?

and isn't 32 ok for a 2k block size ?

however if it's a 16k block size then as Sybrand says it's a bad idea ...

the biggest legal D_F_M_R_C * blocksize I've seen is 256K

please don't forget that blocksize is one of the primary parameters in query optimization.