Re: Important: wrong Oracle results in parallel query

From: Martin Haltmayer <Martin.Haltmayer_at_d2mail.de>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 10:26:36 +0200

This does not have to do anything with the real sort order of "german" because if I have the same table twice it has to order it twice the same way no matter how wrong it is (otherwise ordering would not be deterministic).

Thomas Kyte (thank you very much) and our Oracle support informed me that it was bug 1231199. I looked it up in metalink and found that this bug has been known since March 2000! I find it very gross that it is not yet fixed in 9.2! It was announced for fixing in version 10.0 (whenever that will be). I am really angry about this behaviour of Oracle corporation. If any craftsman would deliver goods that s/he knows are faulty you could sue her/him for fraud. Not so in IT. They stuff all lots of new features in their releases instead of fixing old ones. That maybe the real meaning of n.e.w. (not even working).

Martin