Re: Interest in 9i New Features for Administrators Exam book?

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 12:20:14 +1000

"Pete Sharman" <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com> wrote in message news:ah2qpe028nm_at_drn.newsguy.com...
> In article <ah2puo$a55$1_at_lust.ihug.co.nz>, "Howard says...
> >
> >"Richard Foote" <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com> wrote in message
> >> Hi Howard,
> >>
> >> Have met Pete in person ?
> >>

> >No I haven't, actually, but would very much like to.
>
> Likewise. Is there any chance you'll get to Middelfart (just love that
name -
> ranks right up there with ASS Management!) in September for the next DBA
Forum?

Regrettably no. A certain employer who shall remain nameless seems to dislike the idea of me travelling the world for such shindigs, providing zero time for the occasion. And I've just used up most of my annual leave on stress leave.

> >> If you haven't then you wouldn't know that when he puts on his little
> >> pleading voice ("oh please, pretty please), when he bats his cow like
eye
> >> lids, when he gives you that cute little smile, it's just fundamentally
> >> impossible to say "NO".
> >
> >Hmmm. I just don't believe it. Go on Pete: put it to the test.
> >
> >"Hi Larry, can you double my salary for me. Please. Oh please, pretty
> >please" (moo! moo!, flutter, flutter)"
> >
> >Report back on the results.
>
> No need to even put it to the test.

Spoilsport! I would like to have seen the reaction.

>The result is guaranteed to be that I'm
> back in Oz quicker than I expect, looking for an Oracle DBA job when
there's
> none to be found. I might even have to consider joining Richard Foote
> Consultancy Services Inc., which shows you how low you can sink.

That bad, huh. Just as well you didn't try it, then.

>Of course, if
> he's still into those movies ...

Movies or minties?

Regards
HJR
> Pete
> >
> >Regards
> >HJR
> >

> >> Richard
> >> "Howard J. Rogers" <dba_at_hjrdba.com> wrote in message

> >> toes
> >> group
> >> together
> >some