Re: Question about Archivemode

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 10:07:20 +1000

I'm going to do the test now, and I'll post back. So if I have to eat humble pie then, so be it.

But where I think you're wrong is that it is the discrepancy in the timestamps of the datafile headers that induces a media recovery, and the presence of transactions after the last checkpoint in the redo logs that induces instance recovery. Therefore, media recovery is perfectly possible even in a noarchivelog database, because even a noarchivelog database can find itself with out-of-synch datafile headers.

But I'll post back shortly.

Regards