Re: The demise of the Oracle professional?

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 06:05:56 +1000

"Norman Dunbar" <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk> wrote in message news:E2F6A70FE45242488C865C3BC1245DA70260EF17_at_lnewton.leeds.lfs.co.uk...
> Nick,
>
> they updated the MODL in April 2002 I'm afraid. Oracle vanished from the
> list and only SYBASE and (ahem) SQL Server are required now. (also SAP,
> Peoplesoft and Siebel)
>
> Membership of the BCS would indeed help, but it appears from the stuff I
> got from them, that you need to know someone who is already in the BCS
> as you need to get the '4 brown envelopes' given to BCS member who know
> you so that they can 'validate' you. (a bit incestous/recursive if you
> ask me !).
>
> However, if your wife is getting you in that's even better - she'll have
> to work to keep you in the manner .......
>
> The job situation is totally crap over there at the moment. I get 'The
> Australian' jobs pages sent over every Wednesday from Sydney (well
> Berowra) and there is nothing at all I'm afraid. You'll just have to hit
> the beach or get a job in Woolworth's supermarket :o)

Having lived in glorious Berowra for two years, I'm not surprised you can't find any work there! It has one of the best bottle shops in the country, a two-man firestation and, er.... one of the best bottle shops in the country.

And lots of possums.

Loved it! And now I'm intrigued which of the other 6 people that live there you know!!!

Regards
HJR