Re: Installing Oracle 9i Release 2 RAC in a single node?

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 17 Jul 2002 09:59:45 -0700

In article <3d351a35$3_at_usenetgateway.com>, chao_ping says...

>Successfully solved it by make -f rdbms rac_on and recreate controlfile.
>
>And later i installed redhat on another pc server and install OCM,
>startup it and created an oracle database with rac enable. I also
>configured with TAF, it worked. But when one instance is shutdown,
>during the resource reorgnization, all operations are halted for one
>minutes, Can this be avoided? Thanks.
>

>--
>an oracle fan,
>an oracle beginner
>
>an oracle fan,
>an oracle beginner

Missed the first posting on this (I may get to it later), but you can tune the time ther reorganization takes. If, as it appears from this posting, you're running two instances on one node, then cluster reorg doesn't come into the picture, but tuning the amount of redo does. Set your FAST_START_MTTR_TARGET to something fairly low (say 30 seconds) and see if that helps.

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Wed Jul 17 2002 - 11:59:45 CDT