Re: ORA-12151 TNS:Received bad packet type from network layer

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 19:17:04 +0200

On Wed, 17 Jul 2002 18:36:47 +0200, Pascal Byrne <byrne_at_nospam.net> wrote:

>All,
>One of our customers is getting the following error
> java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Bad packet type
>from a Java 1.1.8 client connected to Oracle 8.0.5.1
>database on SuSE 7.2. Server has 512M memory.
>
>The error is consistantly occuring for a specific query where a
>table with about 100,000 rows is queried on it's primary key.
>
>Does anyone have any ideas?
>
>(v$paramater contents included for anyone who is interested)
>
>Thanks,
>Pascal

Please rest assured 12151 definitely *IS* a network problem and don't look in the database. The only thing you can do now is trace your sqlnet connection (TRACE_LEVEL_CLIENT = 16). How you can do this is documented in the NET8 admininistrators manual, and I have posted the procedure *many* times.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed Jul 17 2002 - 12:17:04 CDT