Re: How to run any program (*.exe) using pl/sql

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 19:14:37 +0200

On Wed, 17 Jul 2002 18:42:47 +0200, Grzegorz ?aczkiewicz <grzesiek_at_tiger.com.pl> wrote:

>Hello All
>How to run any program (*.exe)
>for example notepad.exe or sqlplusw.exe
>using Oracle plsql?
>(Oracle 8.1.7, winnt40)
>thx for your help.

By using the External Procedure facility, obviously documented in the Application Developers Manual. Programs will run from the server.

I strongly advise *against* running notepad and sqlplusw from an external procedure call and can't imagine why you want to do this, other than getting grey hairs early in your life.

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Wed Jul 17 2002 - 12:14:37 CDT