Re: Oracle on Windows versus Linux

From: TurkBear <jgreco1_at_mn.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 09:40:34 -0500

As a side note : The application should not care what platform the database itself is on... The connection methods and the code used to manipulate the data is not dependant on the server platform.. Perhaps they are building in some scheduling or backup/recovery techniques that use the database server's OS? ( Not a good idea in my opinion, I like my Oracle Database Server to only do Oracle Database tasks..) In most cases, the 'back-end' should be irrelevant to the app logic.

Just my 2c,

   http://www.newsfeed.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =----- Received on Wed Jul 17 2002 - 09:40:34 CDT