The demise of the Oracle professional?

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 13:32:45 +0100

Nick,

they updated the MODL in April 2002 I'm afraid. Oracle vanished from the list and only SYBASE and (ahem) SQL Server are required now. (also SAP, Peoplesoft and Siebel)

Membership of the BCS would indeed help, but it appears from the stuff I got from them, that you need to know someone who is already in the BCS as you need to get the '4 brown envelopes' given to BCS member who know you so that they can 'validate' you. (a bit incestous/recursive if you ask me !).

However, if your wife is getting you in that's even better - she'll have to work to keep you in the manner .......

The job situation is totally crap over there at the moment. I get 'The Australian' jobs pages sent over every Wednesday from Sydney (well Berowra) and there is nothing at all I'm afraid. You'll just have to hit the beach or get a job in Woolworth's supermarket :o)

Good luck anyway.

Regards,
Norman.

Norman Dunbar