Re: The demise of the Oracle professional?

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_optushome.com.au.nospam>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 20:08:14 +1000

In article <ah2292$hc5$1_at_lust.ihug.co.nz>, you said (and I quote):

> Australian Computing Society was sufficient in and of itself to prove you
> were a valuable IT technical resource (How wrong could they have been!!?)

Hehehe! We won't hold the ACS to that now, won't we? :-D

> You need a good lawyer too. Mine was excellent, to the point where I was
> informed on one occasion that the immigration department hates him, because
> he always wins.

Seriously? You needed lawyers to get over the immigration dept? Unreal! Was that during the great Geoff Squire "migrate to Australia or perish" period?

> You could alternatively just hire a boat in Indonesia. That way you get some
> rest and relaxation at the Woomera Holiday Camp thrown in for free.

Hmmmm, yes. It's turning into a bit of a dark page in our history, though. Mind you the only thing missing from that show nowadays is an organized AAT King tour, or something of that ilk! :-(

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto