Re: Oracle automatic routing possible with distributed databases (v8.1.7) ?

From: Tony <giaptt_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 19:36:41 +1000

hi Nuno,

What you are saying is that if i have more than 2 sites, say Brisbane, Darwin etc ..
I would need to use the view and get the records. If the records are most of the time already available in the local database, will the latency (slowness) still be there, ie, if Site A has the record and i am running the transaction at Site A, will the view still have the latency since all the different locations are in that one View. Please excuse my ignorance. Not well verse in Oracle.