Re: URGENT: Importing an Oracle 9i export file into Oracle 8.1.7

From: nettdata <nettdata_at_noSpAM_nettdata.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 09:21:29 GMT

I could be wrong, but I think that you have to do an export from the 9i database using the 8.1.7 export tool, and then import it into 8.1.7 using the 8.1.7 import tool.

I don't believe that 8.1.7 import tool can process the 9i export file, and I don't believe that 9i import will work on an 8.1.7 database.

I would say that you have to install 9i somewhere and do an import into it, and then do an export with 8.1.7's export before it will work.

$0.02

...jeff