Re: shrinking rollback segments

From: Peter van Rijn <p.vanrijn_at_zhew.nl>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 07:34:37 +0200

Sybrand,

Any reason for being so pissed off?
Johannes never mentioned he's using OPTIMAL. On the contrary he says he is NOT using it, and still seeing shrinks in v$rollstat. He is seeking an explanation for that.

Joahannes,
As for the problem itself: I don't see this behavior on any of my databases (of course I don't use optimal ;-) ), and perhaps you should double check your rbs-settings: optimal is really not being set?

regards,
Peter

"Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> schreef in bericht news:n1n8ju0vqn85ugrhhfncn8m2r5d2o6o7ef_at_4ax.com...