Re: partitioned index does not work.

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 13:32:27 +1000

Hi Bernard,

A bit more information is needed such as type of partitioned index (local/global, prefixed/non prefixed), number of partitions, CBO or RBO, ...

ONE possible reason is that you are using a LOCAL non prefixed partitioned index with a significant number of partitions. In order for Oracle to process your query with the index, it might have to read ALL your local index structures which the CBO is viewing as being too expensive.

There are a lot of if and buts with this one.

One final tiny little point. Any particular reason for the set of parenthesis around the first AND condition ?

Richard