Re: Interest in 9i New Features for Administrators Exam book?

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 16 Jul 2002 09:52:35 -0700

In article <ah0jql$3p0$1_at_lust.ihug.co.nz>, "Howard says...

>Yup, I have a question.
>
>Has Oracle approved this project?
>
>And, assuming it has, how in God's name do you go about getting the
>powers-that-be to grant such approval?
>
>Regards
>HJR
Not at this stage, but I don't think it will be a problem since I got the go ahead to do the 8i version. I'll send you the details via email since I'm sure it's of no interest to the vast bulk of people in this newsgroup. It's relatively straightforward though.

Pete

>"Pete Sharman" <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com> wrote in message
>> Folks
>>
>> < Long winded explanation >
>>
>> As some of you may recall, I wrote the Oracle8i Architecture and
>Administration
>> Exam Cram book for the Coriolis Group, which has since curled up its toes
>(I'm
>> sure that's not a reflection on my book, by the way!) Since then, a group
>of us
>> that wrote for Coriolis, lead by Mike Ault, have started putting together
>a web
>> site http://www.robonerd.com, where we are in the throes of loading some
>of the
>> 8i exam material now that the rights have reverted to the authors. As it
>says
>> on the web site, "At ROBO-Books International, Inc. our mission is to
>provide
>> quality computer and technical reference materials directly downloadable
>to your
>> desktop, laptop, notepad or PDA at the chapter, section or full text
>level."
>>
>> I had started putting some thoughts together on another book for the 9i
>New
>> Features for Administrators Exam when Coriolis went under. I raised the
>> possibility of putting this on the ROBO-Books site with Mike, and he is
>very
>> interested in getting it there, since there are very few books out there
>that
>> cover this particular exam.
>>
>> </ Long winded explanation >
>>
>> My question for you is: before I go to the effort of writing the book, is
>there
>> sufficient demand out there to make it worthwhile? It takes a lot of time
>away
>> from family life to do this, since it's all done after hours, and I don't
>want
>> to waste my time if it's not going to generate enough interest (and of
>course,
>> enough revenue for me!).
>>
>> Oh, and Mike, you don't need to answer. I already know your answer! ;)
>>
>> HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.
>>
>> Pete
>>
>> SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements;

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Tue Jul 16 2002 - 11:52:35 CDT