Re: The demise of the Oracle professional?

From: Nick <nick_hobbs_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 16 Jul 2002 05:29:25 -0700

Hey Nuno, Howsitgoin.

Totally agree with the outsourcing thing.

I have seen the same in the UK with painful results. Not that failure or even increased timescale/costs was ever mentioned by the (mis)management team.

I respect any countries right to trade but get really hacked off with simply cheap labour with questionable levels of experience as in this case.

Before I get jumped on, I'm sure there are firms that are competent, it's just that in 5 projects in different companies I have never come across one.

> and those unfortunate souls who fork out their own $$$$ to pay for an
> OCP, in the hopes of making themselves more "marketable"

Hmm, like me you mean Doh!

I don't want to start an OCP rant, but I find it a pretty cheap way of educating myself in the basics and that's all I want at present (apart from a couple of extra points on the Aussie Immigration, yep! coming to get ya!!)

Certainly in the UK the knuckle dragging morons that pass for HR and Recruiters take increasing note of OCP and rightly or wrongly the cert does make a candidate more marketable. I only hope the companies concerned have an experienced techy on the interview panel. Received on Tue Jul 16 2002 - 07:29:25 CDT