Re: Export every day

From: <peter.peltonen_at_iki.fi>
Date: 16 Jul 2002 09:24:06 GMT

Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com> wrote:

> So, CONSISTENT=N is usually OK, but CONSISTENT=Y is available, but requires
> lots of rollback space to be in use by the transactions taking place on the
> database during the export.

How much is "lots"? Lets say I have a 1G db and a 1GHz Pentium 4 with 2G RAM -- how much should rollback space I should have to export my data safely?

Is running exp the preferred way of backing up my data in Oracle or are there some other methods I should consider?

Regards,
Peter Received on Tue Jul 16 2002 - 04:24:06 CDT