Re: tnslistener and port 8080

From: Howard J. Rogers <dba_at_hjrdba.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 18:23:52 +1000

"Ralf Allar" <Ralf.Allar_at_netcologne.de> wrote in message news:3d33d307$1_at_news.piro.net...
> "santosh sharma" <no-one_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > 8080 is admin port used by Oracle Servlet Engine. This is installed by
> > default with the database. To change ports, connect as sys in sqlplus
and
> > run command
> > call dbms_namespace.shell('@jis/install/serverendp.ssh admin 8089
> > 9099 -register');
> >
> > hth
> > santosh sharma
>
> Hi Santosh,
>
> following problem occurs:
>
> Benutzernamen eingeben: sys
> Kennwort eingeben:
> ERROR:
> ORA-28009: connection to sys should be as sysdba or sysoper
>

> But I can't find those accounts in the docs nor one password.
>
> It's driving me nuts...

Those aren't accounts, they are privileges.

Connect sys/something AS SYSDBA

It means... connect me as SYS with the SYSDBA privilege (ie, the ability to startup, shutdown, backup, recover or create a database).

In 9i it becomes (by default) impossible to connect as SYS *without* that privilege. You *MUST* have "AS SYSDBA" somewhere in the connect string.

If you are going to start messing around with the ports that the listener uses, it is to be hoped that you know the basics about how to connect to the database and the privileges that are available for a connection.

Regards
HJR Received on Tue Jul 16 2002 - 03:23:52 CDT