Update rows in a table get ora-error 01779

From: jc <jc_coron_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 15 Jul 2002 16:01:13 -0700

Hi,

I'm trying to update a table. The following sql still doesn''t work I get the error: ORA-01779: cannot modify a column which maps to a non key-preserved table".

However both are base tables and have their primary keys.

Much appreciate any help!

update (
select tab1.x tobeupdated,

       tab2.y tobequal
from tab1, tab2
where tab1.field1x = tab2.field2x
and tab1.field1y = tab2.field2y
)
set tobeupdated = tobequal

Thanks,

JC Received on Mon Jul 15 2002 - 18:01:13 CDT