Re: Managing Large tablespaces

From: Steve S <stevens_at_coloradocustomware.com>
Date: 15 Jul 2002 15:32:28 -0700

The database is relatively static, growth of about 10 - 20% annually mostly during predictable batching operations. Up to 500 users, mostly inquiry. The customer will do hot backups using the ARCServe Oracle backup agent. The plan is to run the database on a hardware based RAID 5 with 4 or 5 spindles (36GB 15k RPM drives).

Steve