Re: Help me tuning this wait event:log file sync

From: Yong Huang <yong321_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 15 Jul 2002 15:02:34 -0700

chao_ping <chao_ping_at_163.com> wrote in message news:<3d312489$1_at_usenetgateway.com>...
> Yong Huang wrote:
> > If you can't control the frequency of commits, reduce log_buffer. How
> > big is it?
> now log buffer is 2M, In early time, it was 1M, and i see much wait time
> in log buffer space,(once it was the 4th top wait event), so i enlarged
> the log buffer size from 1m to 2m.

Never use a log_buffer larger than 1M. It's useless over that limit.

Do you have multiple log members per group? Use 1 member.

If you got 40 commits per second, the only solution may be rewrite the application. If you can't, try a competitor's product.

Yong Huang Received on Mon Jul 15 2002 - 17:02:34 CDT