Re: [FAQ] Oracle Database FAQ

From: Sean M <smckeownNO_at_BACKSIESearthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 15:40:17 -0600

"Howard J. Rogers" wrote:

> LOL.
>
> Ey sommtime spache, ere that ey farther in this tale pace, an think it
> accordynge to resoun to tell yowal, that the Chaucer release was quite
> stable. Me vendours al so agreyment are inne.
>
> 'Course it got stuffed to buggery by those colonial chappies sometime in the
> 18th century, and has never been as stable since.
>
> Reygardes
> HJR

Funny, reminds me of a professor I had in college - an American who'd studied in England for a few years. When he asked a rather uptight instructor for a course schedule (pronounced 'sked-ule'), the instructor responded that he would hand out the "*schedule*" (overpronounced 'shey-shule') next week. The American's response: "Ah yes, I'd forgotten you Brits have a different scheme (intentionally mispronounced 'sheem') of schooling (intentionally mispronounced 'shewling') over here."

The guy was pretty quick on his feet. :) (I know the joke doesn't work as well in writing, but sound it out and it's pretty funny.)

Still two countries separated by a common language...

Regards,
Sean Received on Mon Jul 15 2002 - 16:40:17 CDT