Re: Changing System Passwort in 9i

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 15 Jul 2002 10:19:59 -0700

In article <3d3301cf$1_at_news.piro.net>, "Ralf says...

>Hi Newsgroup...
>
>after upgrading from 8i to 9i I desperately looking
>for the tool where I can change the system password.
>
>In which tool do I find it?
>
>Thanx for any advice,
>Ralf

Depends on what you mean by "the system password". If you mean the password for the SYSTEM database user, it's the same place as it was in 8i. Connect into SQL*Plus as a user that has the ALTER USER privilege or as SYSTEM itself, and use the ALTER USER command.

However, I think I must be misreading your question, since if you have enough nous to upgrade the database, you probably already know what I just said.

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Mon Jul 15 2002 - 12:19:59 CDT