Re: Direct path INSERT from GTT => end of communication

From: Marc Blum <marc_at_marcblum.de>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 19:15:08 +0200

Hi,

I found a Workaround:

doing it with ordinary tables did not well:

CREATE TABLE t_dump

   NOLOGGING
AS
SELECT *
FROM my_table
WHERE <conditions>

TRUNCATE TABLE my_table

ALTER TABLE my_table NOLOGGING

INSERT --+ APPEND
INTO my_table
SELECT *
FROM t_dump

BUMM!!! end-of-communication...

But spawning a new server process did the trick:

CREATE TABLE t_dump

   NOLOGGING
AS
SELECT *
FROM my_table
WHERE <conditions>

TRUNCATE TABLE my_table

connect user/pwd_at_nsn

ALTER TABLE my_table NOLOGGING

INSERT --+ APPEND
INTO my_table
SELECT *
FROM t_dump

=> everything's fine!

Sorrily that way I can't use GTTs.

On Sat, 13 Jul 2002 10:01:56 +0100, "Jonathan Lewis" <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk> wrote:

>Just for information
>
>I've seen this too on some 8.1.7 versions on NT -
>and not just on large inserts. I haven't pursued
>it, though, and it doesn't seem to happen on 9.0

Marc Blum
mailto:marc_at_marcblum.de
http://www.marcblum.de Received on Mon Jul 15 2002 - 12:15:08 CDT