how do u get SQL text when exception occurs in PL/SQL?

From: julio <julio33_at_whomail.com>
Date: 15 Jul 2002 08:37:09 -0500

We have several pl/sql procedures that we coded. we have an exception handling section that gets sqlcode and SQLERRM. What we would like to do is get the SQL text that actually caused the problem. So if we have an insert that is trying to put in a value to large into a column we get an sqlcode and sqlerrrm but we don't have the exact sql statement that did it.

Is that possible, well pretty much anything is possible, but is it doable without a ton of coding/recoding?

Julio and Colin and Lyse

See my babies at

http://www.geocities.com/colin_and_lyse/colin_lyse.html Received on Mon Jul 15 2002 - 08:37:09 CDT