Re: orainventory creation during silent installation

From: David Simpson <dsimpson_at_dotcomsolutionsinc.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 12:04:28 GMT

Here is an example of a response file I use for Oracle 9.0.1 which does not exhibit this problem:
http://www.dotcomsolutionsinc.net/products/installgen/sol_901_32bit_files/in stallgen_sol901_64_.html

I do have to prompt for running root.sh in the scripts which I use to call the installer and make use of the response file (you can see an example here - search for the "runinstaller" text to get to the section of code where this is done):
http://www.dotcomsolutionsinc.net/products/installgen/sol_901_32bit_files/in stallgen_sol901_7_s.html

David Simpson