Re: Indexes ignored

From: Richard Foote <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 20:42:31 +1000

Hi Joe,

Also, could you post the definition of the OFFICE_PHN_SRCH view (assuming it is a view).

If the NBR column is unique, then in theory it should only be returning one row. However, if the view is joining a whole bunch of tables together (which I should have picked up earlier) then well anything could be happening. You could be using a complex view but only be selecting columns from the one table (seen that before). Not good. Need to see the query inside the view to get the complete picture.

Regards

Richard