Re: Granted Role privileges not working

From: Vladimir M. Zakharychev <bob_at_dpsp-yes.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 13:45:29 +0400

This IS documented in Oracle documentation (I believe it's in PL/SQL Developer's Guide) - roles are disabled when compiling stored procedures. There's no way around this on 7.3. 8i (and 8.0?) added invoker rights stored procedures (aka AUTHID CURRENT_USER), for which roles are active when they are executed (but still disabled when they are initially compiled.) This question in various forms pops up approximately once a week here, so it's a common problem and I believe every Oracle FAQ has an answer to it. :)