orainventory creation during silent installation

From: vigi98 <vigi98_at_caramail.com>
Date: 15 Jul 2002 02:05:57 -0700

Hi all,

I'm trying to perform a silent installation of Oracle 9.2 from scratch, i.e. on a machine which has never seen oracle before.

Even if I put "UNIX_GROUP_NAME=oinstall" and "INVENTORY_LOCATION=/u01/app/oracle/oraInventory" in my response file, the runInstaller fails and I obtain this in standard output :

Initializing Java Virtual Machine from
/tmp/OraInstall2002-07-15_10-54-53AM/jre/bin/java. Please wait...
In UNIX Group Name Page
Install inventory needs to be created on this system before this silent install can proceed. Please run the script in
/tmp/orainstRoot.sh with root previleges and retry the silent
installation. See /tmp/silentInstall.log for more details.

How can I make understand to the runInstaller that I actually want that it creates itself this bloody oraInventory directory ?

Thanks in advance. Received on Mon Jul 15 2002 - 04:05:57 CDT