heterogeneuos service truble

From: sergey <ssoloviov_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 15 Jul 2002 00:11:24 -0700

Hey everybody,
I'm trying to impliment a heterogeneous database service. But I'm not able to get it to work.
The Informix Server 7 (Windows NT 4.0 Sever) and the Oracle Server 8.1.7 (Windows NT 2000 Advanced Server) are running on different maschines.

That is what I did:
1. I installed the datadictonary for the heterogeneuos service

 running the skript (caths.sql)

2. I modified the tsnames

INFORMIX =
  (DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =

       (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = ora2000)(PORT = 1700))     )
(CONNECT_DATA = (SID = SIDINFORMIX)
(HS=OK)

    )
  )

3. modified the listener

(SID_DESC =

      (ORACLE_HOME = D:\ORA_SYS)
      (SID_NAME = SIDINFORMIX)
      (PROGRAM=hsodbc)

    )

4. I create a initSIDINFORMIX.ora file for the heterogeneuos service

# HS init parameters
#
# dsInformix is the name of my SYSTEM DSN

HS_FDS_CONNECT_INFO=dsInformix
HS_FDS_TRACE_LEVEL=ON

#
# Environment variables required for the non-Oracle system
#

5. I created the database link

CREATE PUBLIC DATABASE LINK IFMX
   USING 'INFORMIX'
6. I restarted the complett system

7. I tryed a query against the new service

Select * From fnd_cb_at_ifmx

I recived the following errors

[1]: (Error): ORA-02068: following severe error from IFMX ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE

In the trace folder I found the message

Remote HO Agent received unexpected RPC disconnect status 2: ncrorpi_recv_procid, called from horg.c

has anybody an idea where the mistake is??

I hope somebody can help my!
By the way I read the "Administering Oracle Heterogeneous Services" from
the oracle help but I don't know what is wrong.

--
Sergey
ssoloviov_at_yahoo.com