Re: putting an alias in my tnsnames for a change to report server

From: Martin Haltmayer <Martin.Haltmayer_at_d2mail.de>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 08:43:52 +0200

Hello Daniel, Sean, Ryan and others,

it was not my intention to raise such worries. I understand that, and I apologize for the trouble I may have caused to you and especially Ryan. I admit it was not very wise to proceed in that way given the fact that Ryan was loaded with an infrastructure he was not responsible for. It was bad style of mine to expose him like that. Again, I am sorry for that.

However, I was right with my first assumption that these instance was not of much importance according to Ryan's post. I e-mailed Ryan directly (that would have been the correct proceeding anyway in the first place). I am pretty sure if this would have been a real breach of security to your country I would not have survived my weekend undisturbed. Take it as a positive issue that I did not post from an anonymous server and that I used my real e-mail address. A bad guy would have avoided both without telling this group.

Suspecting me a criminal is another thing. Remember that nearly everybody is criminal with respect to a certain set of laws and rules somewhere in this world. So this very much depends on the environment you live in. What is forbidden in one country may be allowed in others. If you just discuss the behaviour of some governments you may even be sentenced to death without knowing as opposed to the U. S. A. where you have guaranteed the freedom of speech. Maybe you can consider my post as exploiting the freedom of speech ("you may utter freely unless you say something against us...").

So I will be more careful with my postings in the future. Please don't take this discussion as something hostile but just as something too prematurely published.

Regards,

Martin Received on Mon Jul 15 2002 - 01:43:52 CDT