Re: What components should I install?

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 14 Jul 2002 16:18:56 -0700

"Richard Foote" <richard.foote_at_bigpond.com> wrote in message news:<yycY8.34745$Hj3.105007_at_newsfeeds.bigpond.com>...
> Hi,
>
> You're trying to run an F1 on diesel !!
>
> Seriously, without more memory you're going to struggle to run 9i. You can
> try to deinstall all the various options (JAVA VM springs to mind) and edit
> the parameter file and tweak things as low as you can but if you're going to
> be serious about running 9i so it's not as slow as a stoned slug, you're
> going to need a more serious machine.

I agree with Richard. More memory means more speed in this case. However, if you don't have more memory to spare then shutdown some other non essential services when Oracle is running. I know virus scan sucks up lots of memory/cpu time...i.e. if you can live without virus scan when Oracle is running.

HTH
//Rauf Sarwar Received on Sun Jul 14 2002 - 18:18:56 CDT