Re: Just passed 8i OCP

From: Andy <enzoweb_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 14 Jul 2002 15:55:55 -0700

I'm considering taking it, I have 9 years as a DBA and so thought that with a bit of a brush-up I would pass. However, one look through one of the OCP Exam Prep books and I realised that I would have to do a fair amount of study because, as you say, the questions seem to be aimed towards a knowledge of Oracle features rather than real-world situations. One I remember from the book is "What is the maximum number of control files allowed?". I thought "Who cares? If I try to allocate too many I'll get an error and know about it, why do I need to know that now?" It's 8, by the way...

Still, I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and do it. Received on Sun Jul 14 2002 - 17:55:55 CDT