Re: How to share a schema with other users?

From: Benjamin Lai <ywlaiben_at_so-net.com.hk>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 14:19:35 +0800

Thank you for the hint Sybrand!

I've looked up the documentation for the use of synonyms. I think what I can do is:

  1. connect as a dba
  2. create synonym <schema1>.<table_name> for <schema2>.<table_name>;

Am I right?

It seems I have to repeat this procedure for every single table I have created. Is there really a once-for-all method to achieve the same effect ? I really want to share the whole schema instead of the tables one by one. Hope that you don't feel I am too demanding. I just feel that this is a common problem that many DBAs have experienced.