Partition exchange between different tablespaces

From: AndreSiregar 2002 <dregar_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 13 Jul 2002 20:38:34 -0700

Is it advisable to perform partition exchange between tables in different tablespaces? I did a little experiment and it seems like the physical location of the data is not moved from tablespace A to B immediately (as seen in dba_segments). However, inserting new records in tablespace A, I can force these segments to be replaced by new data (and I guess moved to tablespace B). Am I interpreting Oracle correctly?

Sorry I don't have scripts that I can show as I'm writing this from home and the database is at work.

Andre Received on Sat Jul 13 2002 - 22:38:34 CDT