Memory requirement for Oracle

From: JohnWood <jwood_at_microsoft.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2002 01:07:01 GMT

I would like to find out what criteria would decide how much memory is needed for an Oracle database on a Window 2000 Server enviroment. I am having an Oracle database with one instance. I will have about 200 users but only about 10 to 20 may hit the database for update/inquiry at a time. The vendor recommand only 1GB memory on a dual Xeon 700M box. I wonder if I need 4GB for performance concern.

Also do any one use the new 2.4G 2nd generation Xeon. There is a server with dual 2.4G Xeon G2 with similar price to the Xeon 700M. I would like to find if it is as reliable.

Thanks. Received on Sat Jul 13 2002 - 20:07:01 CDT